A list of countries affected by the quarantine regulations can be found here.
After your arrival in Germany:
- immediately contact your local public health authority (Gesundheitsamt) and inform them about your arrival from a risk area. Students, who live in Bochum, must contact Gesundheitsamt Bochum: 0234 910 – 5555 or fill out an online form.
- stay in home quarantine for 14 days after your arrival
Guidelines for home quarantine:
- Do not leave the place, where you self-isolate. Stay in a separate room.
- Limit contact with other people – no visits are allowed during this period.
- Household or family members should stay in another room or maintain a distance of at least one to two meters.
- Minimize the usage of shared rooms such as bathroom and kitchen. These rooms should be cleaned and aired regularly.
- Ask family members, acquaintances or friends for help with shopping or arrange for grocery delivery. You can find a list of online grocery providers in Bochum here.
- Follow the instructions of the local public health authority.
You are not obliged to stay in home quarantine,
…if you can provide a confirmation about test for COVID-19 with the negative result, that was carried out within 48 hours before your arrival in Germany in one of these countries.
You should submit this confimation to the local public health authority (Gesundheitsamt) of your place of residence. Some local public health authorities require a medical certificate on your health status in addition to a negative test result. Please check the requirements on the website of the relevant authority.
If the result of the test is not available upon your arrival, you must stay in home quarantine, until you receive a negative result.
Currently a coronavirus testing is offered at Frankfurt Airport. More information you can find here.