A list of countries affected by the quarantine regulations can be found here.
After your arrival in Germany:
- immediately contact your local public health authority (Gesundheitsamt) and inform them about your arrival from a risk area. Students, who live in Bochum, must contact Gesundheitsamt Bochum: 0234 910 – 5555 or fill out an online form.
- You are obligated to be tested for a COVID-19 infection within 72 hours after arrival. Currently a coronavirus testing is offered in the most of airports in Germany. Doctors who carry out tests in Bochum can be found at www.coronatestpraxis.de.
- As an alternative, you can provide a confirmation about test for COVID-19 with the negative result, that was carried out within 48 hours before your arrival in Germany in one of these countries.
- The negative test result must be provided to the local public health authority of your place of residence. You must stay in home quarantine, until you receive a negative result.
Guidelines for home quarantine:
- Do not leave the place, where you self-isolate. Stay in a separate room.
- Limit contact with other people – no visits are allowed during this period.
- Household or family members should stay in another room or maintain a distance of at least one to two meters.
- Minimize the usage of shared rooms such as bathroom and kitchen. These rooms should be cleaned and aired regularly.
- Ask family members, acquaintances or friends for help with shopping or arrange for grocery delivery. You can find a list of online grocery providers in Bochum here.
- Follow the instructions of the local public health authority.