A list of countries affected by the quarantine regulations can be found here.
All countries are currently classified in non-risk, risk, high-incidence areas and areas of virus variants of concern.
If you stayed in a risk, high-incidence areaor area of virus variants of concern within the 10 days prior to entering, you must complete the Digital Registration on Entry via the Federal Republic's travel portal before your arrival. Your travel and contact details will be passed on to the local public health authority at the place where you'll be staying so you can be contacted there.
If you come to Germany by plane (from all countries) or have spent time in one of these countries (risk, high incidence area, area of variants of concern) within the 10 days prior to entering, you must note following:
- You must present a confirmation about test for COVID-19 with the negative result, that was carried out within 48 hours before your arrival in one of these countries (the confirmation must be as a rule submitted to the carrier, e.g. the airline).
- If you come from a country which is classifies as a risk area, you must generally stay in quarantine for ten days. You can curtail your quarantine by presenting a negative test certificate via theFederal Republic's travel portal, also possible up to 48 hours after entry (unless entry is by plane - in this case see above).
- Students coming from high-incidence areas are also obligated to stay in quarantine for ten days. The quarantine can be curtailed by a negativ COVID-19 test, which may not be conducted earlier than five days after entry.
- Following a stay in an area of virus variants of concern, the duration of quarantine can not be shortened and should last for 14 days.
- If the symptoms occur despite a negative result, the responsible local public health authority (Gesundheitsamt) must be notified and another test must be carried out.
- Proof of vaccination or of recovery from Covid-19 can replace a negative test certificate and exempt you from quarantine on entry. This does not apply if you have spent time in an area of virus variants of concern prior to entry.
Guidelines for home quarantine:
- Do not leave the place, where you self-isolate. Stay in a separate room.
- Limit contact with other people – no visits are allowed during this period.
- Household or family members should stay in another room or maintain a distance of at least one to two meters.
- Minimize the usage of shared rooms such as bathroom and kitchen. These rooms should be cleaned and aired regularly.
- Ask family members, acquaintances or friends for help with shopping or arrange for grocery delivery. You can find a list of online grocery providers in Bochum here.
- Follow the instructions of the local public health authority.
For further questions, please please contact international.office(at)hs-bochum.de.
Last revised: 05.07.2021