A list of countries affected by the quarantine regulations can be found here.
If you come to North Rhina-Westphalia from one of the countries, which are classified as risk areas, you are obligated:
- to complete the Digital Registration on Entry before your arrival, so that the local health authority can check whether you're staying in quarantine. Your travel and contact details will be passed on to the local public health authority at the place where you'll be staying so you can be contacted there. The registration form can be found here.
- to stay in home quarantine for 10 days after arrival.
- the home quarantine can be avoided, if you provide the local public health authority (Gesundheitsamt) with a confirmation about test for COVID-19 with the negative result, that was carried out within 48 hours before your arrival in one of these countries or directly after your arrival in Germany (e.g. at the airport). Please note that you bear the costs for the test yourself.
- is the testing before or directly after your arrival for some reason not possible, you are obligated to self-isolate until you make a test and have the negative result.
- If you come to NRW from one of the countries, which are classified as "virus variation area" („Virusvarianten-Gebiet"), you are obligated to complete the Digital Registration on Entry and to provide the local public health authority (Gesundheitsamt) with a confirmation about test for COVID-19 with the negative result, that was carried out within 48 hours before your arrival. Despite of the negative result, you must stay in home quarantine for 14 days after your departure from the virus variation area. The reduction of the quarantine period is not possible.
- The list of the "virus variation areas" can be found here.
- If the symptoms occur despite a negative result, the responsible local public health authority (Gesundheitsamt) must be notified and another test must be carried out.
The current entry regulations for NRW can be found here (Aktuelle Verordnungen - Coronaeinreiseverordnung).
Guidelines for home quarantine:
- Do not leave the place, where you self-isolate. Stay in a separate room.
- Limit contact with other people – no visits are allowed during this period.
- Household or family members should stay in another room or maintain a distance of at least one to two meters.
- Minimize the usage of shared rooms such as bathroom and kitchen. These rooms should be cleaned and aired regularly.
- Ask family members, acquaintances or friends for help with shopping or arrange for grocery delivery. You can find a list of online grocery providers in Bochum here.
- Follow the instructions of the local public health authority.
For further questions, please please contact international.office(at)hs-bochum.de.
Last revised: 12.04.2021