Please see our FAQ about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on incoming exchange mobility in the winter semester 2020/21 here.
- Winter semester: 30.05. (Winter semester 2020/21: 12.06.2020)
- Summer semester: 01.12.
If you are going to be an exchange student at our university and would like to spend one or two semesters within the framework of ERASMUS+ or with another cooperation agreement between Bochum University and your home university, please follow the steps below:
- Please contact your coordinator at your home university and talk to him about your plans for a semester abroad.
- Your home university will send us a nomination.
- As soon as we have received your nomination, we will contact you and send you all informations about the application process.
- Winter semester: 30.06. (Winter semester 2020/21: 12.07.2020)
- Summer semester: 15.01.
The following documents, must be sent to the International Office of Bochum University of Applied Sciences before the end of the application deadline:
- the application form, which you will receive from us after your nomination
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of the certificate of enrolment from your home university (alternatively copy of the student ID card)
- applications from master students: copy of the bachelor's certificate
- In order to enrol at Bochum University of Applied Sciences, you need sufficient health insurance coverage. Please read the following information (PDF file) carefully.
- A further condition for enrolment is the transfer of the semester fee. The transfer information for payment will be sent to you by e-mail before your arrival.
- EU citizens: no visa required
- Non-EU citizens: You can find out whether a visa is required and how to apply at the Auswärtigen Amt (Federal Foreign Office). Important: You cannot study in Germany with a tourist visa! Please note: a tourist visa cannot be converted into a study visa either!
- If you stay longer than three months as an exchange student, you will need to register with the city of Bochum. The International Office will arrange an appointment.
- Approximately four weeks before your residence permit expires, you should apply for an extension at the relevant foreigners authority.