- Winter semester: 30.05.
- Summer semester: 01.12.
If you are going to be an exchange student at our university and would like to spend one or two semesters within the framework of ERASMUS+ or with another cooperation agreement between Bochum University and your home university, please follow the steps below:
- Please contact your coordinator at your home university and talk to him about your plans for a semester abroad.
- Your home university will send us a nomination.
- As soon as we have received your nomination, we will contact you and send you all informations about the application process.
- Winter semester: 30.06.
- Summer semester: 15.01.
You apply in in the online portal SoleMoveDetailed information will be sent to you by email after the nomination deadline.
Other exchange students:
The application documents will be sent to you by email after the nomination deadline.
- In order to enrol at Bochum University of Applied Sciences, you must transfer the semester fee. The transfer information for payment will be sent to you by e-mail before your arrival.
- A further condition for enrolment is the sufficient health insurance coverage. Here you can find the information regarding health insurance. Please read it carefully.
- EU citizens: no visa required
- Non-EU citizens: You can find out whether a visa is required and how to apply at the Auswärtigen Amt (Federal Foreign Office). Important: You cannot study in Germany with a tourist visa! Please note: a tourist visa cannot be converted into a study visa either!
- If you stay longer than three months as an exchange student, you will need to register with the city of Bochum. The International Office will arrange an appointment.
- Approximately four weeks before your residence permit expires, you should apply for an extension at the relevant foreigners authority.