The Business Administration programme offers you a business and economics education that fosters your further professional and personal development. It teaches the scientific fundamentals of all the specialist fields relevant to business and economics.
Practice-oriented instruction at UAS_BO is ideal preparation for the employment market. Extensive practical work, projects throughout the course of the programme and the possibility to write your bachelor’s thesis in a company ensure high-quality training. This is underpinned by close contacts to companies at home and abroad and the Career Service for economics students.
Considerable value is also attached to the consistent development of key skills. The University actively furthers its students’ methodical, social and language skills. You study in small groups and are able to apply the skills acquired in theory in the framework of projects.
In all of this, anonymity is alien to us.At the start of your studies, trained mentors make it easier for you to embark on this new phase in your life. During your studies, close personal contact to lecturers and other staff ensures that you achieve optimum results within a manageable time frame.
- We train our Business Administration students as allrounders with several areas of specialisation as well as foreign language and IT skills. The Bachelor of Arts degree equips our graduates for successful careers in broad areas of corporate practice with its wealth of professional prospects.
- The bachelor’s degree allows graduates to secure positions ranging from middle management to executive functions both in the commercial sector at home and abroad as well as in the civil service or in associations.
Admission to the programme is conditional on a higher education entrance qualification. You require one of the following:
- Higher education entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife)
- General higher education entrance qualification: German Abitur
- An entrance qualification recognised as equivalent
In the case of the entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences, a differentiation is often made between the academic part and the practical part. The academic part is completed at school. The practical part can be a completed training course (e.g. apprenticeship) or a 6 or 12-month guided work placement. As a rule, which type of work placement you require in order to be entitled to study is indicated on your certificate. If you are unsure, please contact your school.
If you have obtained your entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences in a federal state other than North Rhine-Westphalia, please check your certificate to see if it is also valid here.
Please do not confuse the practical part that you need in order to obtain the qualification indicated above with the subject-related work placement required for most degree programmes.
The first two years of the Business Administration programme provide you with a broad foundation of function-oriented and method-based knowledge.
- In the first year, you are given a thorough introduction to business administration, supplemented with the fundamentals of business law and business mathematics as well as key skills in business English or project work .
- In the second year, the focus lies on specific business administration tasks and questions related to corporate management, corporate accounting and corporate taxation in addition to macroeconomics and key skills.
- The third year is dedicated to a specialisation. You choose three advanced modules.
- The programme includes a practical phase (compulsory work placement) in the 7th semester on a scale of at least 12 weeks.
The programme ends with your bachelor’s thesis, where you work on a business administration topic in a scientifically sound and independent manner within a tight time frame.